No bells and whistles. This recipe is simple and gets the job done quick.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 1 Tbsp.coconut oil, liquified
- 1 1/3 cups water, boiling
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar and sea salt.
- 3Add vanilla extract, coconut oil and boiling water and mix until well combined.
- 4Place in greased 7" x 11" baking pan.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- 6THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP: Let them sit for at least an hour until they're cooled before cutting. Unless you want a brownie mess, then by all means dig in.
- 7Edit*: if your batter is too thick/dry during step 3, add more coconut oil, 1 Tbsp. at a time.