The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie.
The title is kind of misleading. This is MY perfect chocolate chip cookie. Crunchy outside, soft inside, salty, sweet, perfection.
This recipe makes about 30 chocolate chip cookies. The reason being, I make extra cookie batter to freeze or fridge so I don’t have to go through the process again next time I want fresh baked cookies. We’re also a family that loves raw cookie dough (because NO EGGS!). Cut the recipe in half if you’re just looking to make one batch.
For the chocolate you can use whatever kind you’d like. Enjoy life is great, or crush up your favorite chocolate bar.
- 1 1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Miyoko's, but you can use Earth Balance or homemade)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 1 cup chocolate chunks (I used a dark chocolate bar)
- Finishing salt (ie. Maldon or Jacobsen's)
- 1In a medium bowl whisk together vegan butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, apple sauce and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 2In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and sea salt.
- 3Place dry ingredients into wet ingredients one cup at a time while mixing. Medium speed if you're using an electric mixer.
- 4Pour in chocolate chips and chunks and toss until well combined.
- 5 Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Place about 1 1/2 Tbsp of batter (use an ice cream scoop or spoon) 1 inch apart. Do not flatten.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 1 minute before transferring cookies to cooling rack. They'll be gooey still, but will harden as they cool.
- 9Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt. Enjoy!